Download a PDF of Our Policies
WHEN YOU ARRIVE/LEAVE THE GYM
- Parking: Please park in the designated lots (see parking map) or on the street.
- Scan Tags: Every time you come to the gym, whether for class or open training, you must scan in at the front desk.
- Street Shoes: When you arrive, please remove street shoes and place them in a cubby.
- Gym Shoes: Inside the gym, please wear sandals or other gym appropriate footwear that you do not wear outside. In the summer, please don’t wear sandals in the gym that you wear outside. This helps prevent spreading germs and dirt. NEVER go in the bathrooms barefoot and then go on the mats.
- Front Entry Area: Please keep this area clear by putting shoes in the cubbies. Take bags and coats with you to the locker room. Do not leave any items in the walkways. This is dangerous.
- Do Not Leave Personal Belongings: When you leave, please take everything you brought with you. Do not leave shoes overnight in the cubbies and do not leave bags, towels, or training equipment in the locker rooms.
- Kids: Parents, if you need to bring your child with you while you are training, you may do so as long as you are supervising your child while you are in class and your child does not pose a danger or inconvenience to other members training.
- Outside the Gym: All members of the gym are expected to use what they learn at the gym in a responsible way.
- Mats: Do not wear shoes on the mat unless they are coach-approved shoes worn only on the mats. For hygiene purposes, under no circumstances should you wear shoes or socks on the carpet or in the bathroom and then wear them on the mat. To prevent injury, socks should never be worn on the mats.
- Personal Hygiene: Please come to class clean. Take appropriate common sense precautions like keeping nails trimmed, tying hair back, and removing all jewelry before class.
- Training Attire: You are expected to wear appropriate clothing to classes. Clothing must be clean. For wrestling avoid clothing with pockets or zippers that might pose a danger to yourself or your training partners. Again, common sense applies.
- Equipment: All equipment and clothing should be cleaned appropriately before your next training session.
- Locker Rooms: Locker rooms with lockers, showers, and bathrooms are provided for your convenience. Please do not leave any dirty items in lockers in order to help prevent the locker rooms from smelling. Common sense and respect goes a long way towards keeping the locker rooms pleasant for everyone. Lockers are cleared out nightly.
- Be on Time: Please be on time for all classes.
- Equipment: Please come to class with all of the necessary equipment. This means wraps/gloves for Boxing and Kickboxing, as well as shin pads for Kickboxing levels 2 and 3. For BJJ, unless the schedule says “No-Gi,” then you should wear a gi and your appropriate belt color. If you borrow equipment, clean it and put it away after class.
- Buying Equipment: No later than the end of your first month, you are expected to have your own equipment. We are happy to make recommendations on quality affordable options.
- Class Level: Everyone is welcome to do beginner level and all-level classes. For intermediate and advanced level classes, you need instructor approval.
- Good Training Partners: When you work with your training partners, be considerate. Know their level and your own. Remember that when we are learning and drilling, we are not necessarily going 100%. Always communicate openly with your training partners.
- Striking Sparring: Participating in sparring is always at the discretion of the coach. When sparring, be respectful of your partner. Mouth guards are required for sparring in striking classes.
- Grappling Sparring: Sparring at the end of grappling classes is optional but highly recommended once you have at least one stripe on your belt. Mouth guards are highly recommended. Always be respectful of your training partners. If you get caught in a submission, don’t risk injury for the sake of your ego. Remember, “Tap now, reset in 3 seconds. Tap later, reset in 3 months.”
Note: All of the general gym rules also apply to the kids. Please review all of them with your children.
- Personal Belongings: Kids bags and coats should be kept neatly by the benches next to the mats. It is important to keep the main walkways clear for other members arriving for class. No shoes, bags, or other personal items should be in the area by the door or front desk.
- Kids Area: Kids are not permitted past the women’s locker room unless accompanied by an adult. The only exception is anyone needing to go to the far bathroom, in which case, the child must walk to the bathroom and then walk back. Running is not permitted for the safety of other members training.
- Before Class: Kids should be ready to start class on time, lining up as soon as the coaches call them to begin.
- During Class: Kids must remain on the mats, listening to the coaches at all times during class. If a child needs a break, they may sit on one of the benches until they are ready to participate again. Kids may not play other games on the mats while class is taking place and they may not leave the mats to play elsewhere.
- After Class: Students need to be picked up within 15 minutes of class ending unless you have a written exception from the gym.
- Siblings/Kids Waiting for Class: Kids who are in different age groups and need to wait for their siblings are permitted to stay in the kids area and wait. While they are waiting, they are expected to work on homework, play on their electronic devices, or sit on the benches watching the current class.
- Practicing: If they ask permission from the front desk staff, kids can practice their class material on the small striking mat next to the kids area. When using the small striking area, the kids (1) may not touch any of the pads, gloves, or other adult equipment without permission and (2) must leave the area immediately if it is needed for any of the classes. At all times, all of the kids must listen to any direction given to them by any of the WNY MMA staff or coaches.
- Playing: Obviously, we want the kids to have fun. For safety reasons, though, throwing balls or other objects is not permitted. For the safety of the kids and of other members, horseplay and rough housing are also not allowed.
- Parent Supervision: Parents are expected to be responsible for their own children at all times. If you leave your child for class, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are on their best behavior. Please make sure that your child understands and is able to follow the rules. If you see other children not following the rules, you are welcome to politely inform the staff member at the front desk. We want to ensure that all rules are followed and enforced fairly in order to give kids, parents, and other members the best possible experience.
- Being Respectful to Each Other: Kids are expected to treat all of the other kids with respect as their training partners. We are here to work together and learn in a fun and positive environment.
- Being Respectful to Other Members: Kids must also be respectful of other members at all times to make sure that everyone gets to have just as much fun training!